*Indicates that authors contributed equally to the work.
Data here. A commentary and reanalysis of our data here and here.
Horne, Z. & Cimpian, A. (2017). Subtle syntactic cues affect intuitions about knowledge: Methodological and theoretical implications for epistemology. Oxford Studies in Experimental Philosophy.
Invited Peer Reviewed Articles and Book Chapters
Powell, D. & Horne, Z. (2017). Moral severity is represented as a domain-general magnitude. Experimental Psychology.
Horne, Z., Powell, D. & Hummel, J. (2016). Toxic Beliefs. Proceedings of the 36th Annual Conference of the Cognitive Science Society. Austin, TX.
Date and additional analyses here.
Horne, Z., & Powell, D. (2013). More than a feeling: When emotional reactions don't predict moral judgments. Proceedings of the 35th Annual Conference of the Cognitive Science Society. Austin, TX.
Powell, D., Horne, Z., Pinillos, A. & Holyoak, K. (2013). Justified true belief triggers false recall of knowing. Proceedings of the 35th Annual Conference of the Cognitive Science Society. Austin, TX.
Braveman, M., Harmon, I., Higgins, A., Horne, Z., Spino, J., & Waskan, J. (2013). Intellig-ability is necessary for explanation but accuracy may not be. Proceedings of the 34th Annual Conference of the Cognitive Science Society. Austin, TX.
- Horne, Z., Powell, D. & Hummel, J. Toxic beliefs and the assessment of evidence about political figures.
- Powell, D., Horne, Z. & Hummel, J. Toxic beliefs.
- Horne, Z. & Khemlani, S. Principled connections and inherence biased explanations.
- Horne, Z. & Khemlani, S. Explanations of ambiguously caused effects.
- Horne, Z. & Cimpian, A. Intuitions about personal identity are linked to essentialist thinking in adults and children.
- Powell, D. & Horne, Z. Information-theoretic influences on the reaction to terrorist attacks.
- Horne, Z., Khemlani, S., & Cimpian, A. A computational account of explanatory reasoning.
- Horne, Z. & Cimpian, A. The influence of an inherence heuristic on scientific explanation.
- Horne, Z., Leslie, S.J., & Cimpian, A. Sartorial displays in academic disciplines that prize brilliance.
- Horne, Z. How has pre-registration changed science?
- Horne, Z. & Rottman, J. Relational matching induces coherence shifts in moral attitudes.
- Reineck, M. & Horne, Z. What is morally possible?
- Stanley, M. Henne, P. & Horne, Z. The weight of reasons.